Maintain your emergency power system’s health with load bank testing and fuel testing.
Load bank and fuel testing are a vital part of maintaining your commercial standby generator. Testing is crucial to ensure your generator is working optimally.
Diesel standby generators can go unused for long periods of time in between power cuts, which can cause them to operate below their rated capacity. Keeping your standby generator stagnant causes fuel, carbon, and particle build-up in the engine, which can result in significant system failure.
Regular testing allows you to maintain your generator’s health and identify any potential system failures. By providing preventative care for your unit, you can address problems before they occur and extend the life of your system.
Power system health and fuel quality can prevent you from meeting key safety regulations. National Standby’s testing services help your business and facility stay compliant with industry safety standards and laws. Our professional technicians provide sound recommendations to keep your generator running in peak condition and stay complaint.
Guarantee that your standby generator is primed to perform with regular load bank and fuel testing.
Get in touch today to schedule professional load bank testing and fuel testing with National Standby to ensure your standby generator is operating at full capacity.
Load Bank Testing
Standby generators typically go long intervals between uses, causing them to operate below their rated capacity—which means they’re unable to provide their full nameplate Kilowatt rating.
Load bank tests provide an artificial load at a rated capacity to ensure your generator can handle anything.
Regular testing identifies allows you to maintain your power system’s health and any potential system failures.
Load bank testing assesses:
- The engine’s ability to provide optimal power
- The alternator’s capability to provide the required voltage
- The stable frequency
- Control systems’ efficiency under different load conditions
- Oil and fuel pressure
- The performance of the entire load bank system
Load bank testing benefits:
- Ensure your standby generator is operating at full capacity
- Comply with NFPA/ASTM standards
- Avoid potential failures
- Note potential system risks
- Eliminate wet-stacking (unburned fuel and soot build up)
Fuel testing assesses the quality of your existing fuel supply.
Generator fuel systems are prone to dirt, sludge and water vapor build-up, all of which contribute to fuel contamination. In addition, fuel inevitably breaks down, typically within 12 months. Certain factors, such as changes in temperature, water and pressure, can speed up the process.
National Standby provides on-site fuel testing services to check the quality of your supply, plus the fuel polishing services your business needs to meet the required levels.
Fuel testing assessments include:
- The quality of your generator’s fuel supply
- Bad contaminants and removable sludge
- Water accumulation
- Sediment, bacteria & fungus buildup
- Your power system’s efficiency
Fuel testing benefits:
- Extend the life of your standby generator
- Save on fuel replacement costs
- Comply with NFPA/ASTM standards
- Ensure optimal generator performance
- Avoid fuel-related system failures
If you are experiencing fuel or system failure, contact us for immediate assistance and emergency repairs.