IT IS BEST TO DO THIS AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE IN THE DAY; THAT WAY, IF THERE ARE ANY PROBLEMS, WE WILL HAVE MORE TIME TO ADDRESS THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
1. Turn OFF your electrical/circuit breaker (usually, this is directly on the generator; but it may be next to the transfer switch).
2. Turn the generator run switch to the OFF position.
3. Wait at least 5 minutes for your generator to cool down.
4. Check the oil with the dipstick, and FILL SLOWLY, WITH SMALL AMOUNTS AT A TIME, as needed (usually, National Standby leaves extra oil near the unit). Check the dipstick frequently as you fill to avoid overfilling.
5. Restart generator in the AUTO position.
6. After engine has run for about 1 minute, turn the same electrical/circuit breaker back to the ON position.
PLEASE CALL US IF YOU REQUIRE ADDITIONAL ASSISTANCE.